Posts for: August, 2020
Are you suffering from heel pain? Is the pain too much to bear? Are you having difficulty simply walking? Then you need to speak our Houston foot and ankle doctors at the Foot & Ankle Institute Dr. Asia Lo, Dr. Samuel Mendicino, Dr. Manish Patel, and Dr. Usman Sultan about what the problem may be.
More About Heel Pain
Heel pain is usually a result of an inflamed plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a connective tissue that extends from the heel of the foot, supports the arch and extends to the toes.
What else can cause heel pain?
- Overpronation can cause serious pain; this is when the foot rolls inward repeatedly while you're walking
- Heel Spurs, a growth on the bone, may be painless or cause chronic pain
- Nerve injuries, or heel bone abnormalities and/or stress fractures
What are treatment options available?
Caring for your heel pain isn't a daunting task you need to worry about. Your West Houston foot foot and ankle doctor can help. Here are a few options:
- Take medications such as ibuprofen to help reduce inflammation.
- Stretch your feet out daily, and avoid rigorous sports and exercises.
- Wear comfortable shoes made of soft rubber.
- Avoid tight or thin soled shoes that may exacerbate the issue.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment may also help deal with your persistent heel pain.
For more information regarding your heel pain, contact our foot and ankle doctors of the Foot & Ankle Institute at (281) 531-4100. Our office is conveniently located in West Houston, TX, for when you're ready to schedule an appointment.